WHY IS MILE2’S C)PTE PREFERABLE OVER THE EC Councils CEH?
To begin, it’s noteworthy to mention that mile2 was the first to bring the CEH product into North America as well as different parts of Asia. Realizing that the CEH course was technically insufficient, mile2 developed their own certification based on industry standards and technical requirements needed to competently execute real world penetration tests.
HOW IS MILE2’S C)PTE SIMILAR TO CEH?
- Both courses provide an in-depth presentation on both tools and industry known vulnerabilities.
- Both courses have very similar questions that you would find on either exam.
- Both courses are internationally recognized.
HOW IS MILE2’S C)PTE DIFFERENT FROM CEH?
- THE C)PTE is focused on hands-on labs CEH’s hundreds of outdated tools & power point slides.
- Mile2’s C)PTE focuses on penetration testing, not outdated “hacking” methods that aren’t accepted with financial or government institutions.
- Mile2’s curriculum was originally developed according to the U.S. Air Force’s penetration testing methodology verses EC Council’s collection of hacking ideas.
- The C)PTE exam is taken online through mile2’s MACS exam system ANYTIME & ANYWHERE versus CEH’s physical testing center. The C)PTE is an open book, 2-hour exam covering 100 questions.
- The C)PTE hands-on labs are executed on mile2’s world renowned cyber range!
- The C)PTE exam fee is $400 versus the CEH’s $600, which includes a $100 application fee!
- Mile2’s C)PTE is a progressively popular certification while the CEH certification has globally declined.
- Mile2 is accredited with the NSA-CNSS (CNSSI-4013 National Information Assurance Training Standard for System Administrators) and is on FBI’s Tier 1 cyber security training requirement.
- Mile2’s curriculum is developed by US and European consultants while EC Council develops their content in India/Malaysia.
HOW DOES MILE2 HELP WITH PASSING BOTH THE C)PTE AND CEH?
Mile2 provides an updated CEH exam prep video & workbook for each student that takes the C)PTE course.
*(CEH is a copyright trademark of EC Council)