WHY IS MILE2’S C)ISSO PREFERABLE OVER THE POPULAR ISC2’s CISSP?
It’s noteworthy to bring to light that the same international author, Kevin Henry, who wrote the official ISC2 CISSP also wrote mile2’s official C)ISSO work book and exam. Initially, when C)ISSO was developed, it was Mile2’s intention to cover a foundational cyber security course in detail, much like the popular ISC2’s CISSP. It is thus important to note that both courses cover basically the same content with the exception that C)ISSO focuses heavily on the Information Systems management modules (ex. how do I “do it”, when do I implement this control and so forth..) versus simply covering the subject matter in theory.
The C)ISSO course was designed for forward-thinking cyber security professionals who manage or play a key role in an organization’s information security department. The C)ISSO course addresses the broad range of industry best practices, knowledge and skills expected of a security leader. The C)ISSO candidate learns BOTH the theory and the requirements for practical implementation of core security concepts, practices, monitoring and compliance. Through the use of a risk-based approach, the C)ISSO is able to implement and maintain cost-effective security controls that are closely aligned with not only business requirements but global industry standards.
HOW IS MILE2’S C)ISSO SIMILAR TO THE ISC2’s CISSP?
The C)ISSO covers all of the CISSP’s (8 Domains) 2015 exam objectives.
The C)ISSO has very similar exam questions that you would find on the CISSP exam.
HOW IS MILE2’S C)ISSO DIFFERENT FROM ISC2’s CISSP?
- THE C)ISSO IS EASIER TO LEARN.
- The C)ISSO breaks down the in-depth curriculum from 8 modules, which is found in the CISSP course work book, into 19 modules. Mile2 took this instructional design approach because it’s been proven that learning is increased when a subject is broken down into bite sizes rather than being served as an 80 lb. hamburger.
HOW IS MILE2’S C)ISSO EXAM DIFFERENT FROM ISC’S CISSP EXAM?
Mile2 does NOT require job related or practical experience to obtain the C)ISSO while ISC2 CISSP requires the candidate to have 5 years in a few domains in most cases. Because the course has NO hands on labs, mile2 feels that it’s futile to require hands-on experience to achieve the C)ISSO designation.
- EXAM: The C)ISSO is only a 2-hour exam covering 100 questions while the CISSP is a 4 hour exam entailing 200 questions.
- Mile2’s C)ISSO exam is taken online through com’s MACS system ANYTIME & ANYWHERE while the CISSP is required to be scheduled at either an authorized ISC2 testing center or testing organization.
- The C)ISSO has a higher passing percentage and is open book.
- The C)ISSO’s exam fee is $400 versus $595 for the CISSP.
HOW DOES MILE2 HELP WITH PASSING BOTH THE C)ISSO AND CISSP?
Mile2 provides an updated CISSP exam prep video for each student that takes the C)ISSO course. The CISSP prep video by mile2 was also developed by Kevin Henry, author of ISC2’s CISSP course book, and covers the 2015 CISSP Exam objectives. In addition, in the C)ISSO course kit, mile2 provides a CISSP prep guide booklet (called the C)ISSO+, a guide towards passing the CISSP that prepares the student to pass the CISSP exam, should they desire to sit for it.
*(CISSP is a copyright trademark of ISC2)