This architecture of IPv4 classes is called classful addressing. In classful addressing, the address space is divided into 5 classes: A, B, C, D, and E
- IPv4 is a 32-Bit Address.
- Each octate is of 8-Bit
- Total no. systems can be connected in IPv4 is 2^32
Represent IPv4 in 8-Bit Notations
How to convert Decimal to 8-Bit no. refer to ” Refer Here ”
Representation of classes
- Were designed for large organizations with large no. of attached hosts or routers
- Were designed for mid-size organizations with tens and thousands of attached hosts or routers
- Were designed for small organizations with a small no. of attached hosts or routers
- Were designed for multicast.
- Multicast is the delivery of a message or information to a group of destination computers simultaneously in a single transmission from the source. Copies are automatically created in other network elements, such as routers, but only when the topology of the network requires it.
Reserved for future use ( Research and Development Purposes )
Further in IPv4 Addressing : Refer Here